Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sunshine & Summertime

Although summertime technically doesn't arrive for a few more weeks, in my mind Memorial day weekend is the start of summer.  My memories of Memorial day always include warm days, cooking on the grill, spending time with family, and working on my tan!  This Memorial day was no different. 

Though these fun memories of family, food, and sunshine are what reminds me of this summer holiday, I always find myself reflecting on the truer and deeper meaning of the day.  I know it is because of the sacrifice of many men and women that we enjoy the freedoms and simple pleasures that make life what it is in America.  I think about my grandfather and how truly thankful I am for all he did for this country.  He served in the US Army his entire career, during that time fighting 3 wars.  I can't help but think that it is because of his choices in life that I have such freedom in mine.  Thank you Pap, and thank you to all the others currently making sacrifices to keep our country safe.  You are our heroes.

This year to celebrate Memorial day, Dwyatt and I went to Texas spent some quality time with his family.  His Dad's new house on Lake Travis is now finished, and it's gorgeous!  What a beautiful place to call home...  It was in the mid 90's all weekend, so we spent most of our time in the water.  Dwyatt and his brother Devin also cooked some fabulous meals for us.  Since pictures speak louder than words I will share a few of my favorites with you...

View from the new house
View of the house from the boat dock.  The deck is my favorite part :)
Donna looking on as the boys swim in the cove.
Boys will be boys...
Devin's adorable puppy Squeak had her own personal raft...
Dwyatt & Devin were in LOVE with this boat...
Dwyatt caught this picture while we were dancing on the boat dock.  It's kind of dark and fuzzy, but I really like it!
Taken during our sunset cruise... simply breathtaking!

I also have quite the story to share with you all about my wakeboarding experience this weekend... but that has all it's own pictures to go along with it, so I think that will have to be a separate post :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment