Thursday, June 3, 2010

Conquering the Wakeboard

I wanted to share another story from Memorial day weekend with you all... on Monday I finally conquered the art of wakeboarding.  This may not seem like much, but I have been trying to get up on this silly board for over a year now, and it has been so frustrating!  To make matters worse my husband, and his brother, are actually quite amazing boarders so I have a lot to live up to!  Here is my story...

After watching Dwyatt and Devin for the past several years and capturing images like this:
And This:
And This:
And This:

You can see why I wanted to finally learn this sport...  So, on Monday we all went out early onto the lake so the water would be calmer, and I tried again...  Here I am looking nervous and apprehensive about the whole idea:
Giving it my all...
Still wobbly and worried I'm going to face plant:
Oh my goodness, I actually MADE IT!!!
Now I'm looking confident :)

I am SO excited that I finally accomplished this goal.  Now I just need a boat so I can practise more :) 

Finally, this picture is my favorite picture of the weekend, to me it really resonates the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. 


Dwyatt & Devin - Thank you for being patient with me while I was learning.  Now hopefully we can spend a lot more time riding and less time picking me up out of the lake... you're the best & I love you guys :)

3 comments:

  1. I've only tried to wakeboard once Friend, and you're right... it was hard!!! You'll have to teach me some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realy you are a master of three different sports. wake SURFING, because that is what we were doing, wake BOARDING, and KITE boarding because you were on a the kiteboard:) Good job babe. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete