Thursday, November 19, 2009

Friday on Thursday...

I love when Fridays come on Thursday!  Lucky for me this happens every two weeks.  I work what they call a 9/80 schedule which basically means I get to have every other Friday off.  So, I only have 50 minutes of work left for the week!

I am so excited that Blogger has recently made some updates to it's system and I can now post larger pictures without first routing them through Flickr.  Why is this so amazing you might ask?  Well, because Flickr is blocked at work and so I can never see any of my own pictures, or post any new ones while I'm here!!  So, since I'm super excited about this new feature, I have been looking for pictures I have on my work computer that I can post for you all.  Work pictures is basically all I've got.

Let me tell you about my job...  I am a project engineer for a new gas processing plant.  We are developing the Cana field (about 50 miles west of Oklahoma City) and we are now installing compressor stations, pipelines, and the processing plant to handle all of the gas.  I was actually in the field today bidding out some well connects to get our new wells connected to market! 

This picture is how the Cana plant site started out... wheat.  Lots of wheat.  We literally started from "grass roots".  Although I was initially disappointed in how much wheat we were cutting down for this plant, all my sadness quickly subsided when I realized just how much wheat we have here in Oklahoma!  It's crazy...



This next picture is of me on one of the giant CAT 3616 compressors that is being installed at our 1st compressor station.  I have a feeling we will be installing a lot of these in the near future...




Finally,  this is my latest picture of the Cana plant.  I was in charge of building the office, warehouse, and fence.  Not very hard core engineering I know, but I was still very  happy with how it turned out none-the-less.  I definitely learned a lot about being a project manager... 




Well, I hoped you enjoyed this little insight into my life as an engineer.  I hope to get some more pictures on here really soon! 

I have also been doing a lot of deep thinking lately and have some plans for this blog that I will write about in another entry.  Look forward to that... I'll try and get it done this weekend. 

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment