Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A New Leaf

Why is this so hard?

Perhaps it’s because I have so much to say, and don’t know where to start. My head is filled with dreams, visions, and plans for the future. I want to share them with you. I want to let go of all my fears, open up, and finally let everyone know the real me. I want to stop worrying about what others think of me or of my dreams and just go for it, no matter what!

This blog is going to become my avenue to do just that. I have been writing in this blog for a year now, and although I have made some fun entries, I still feel like I have been holding back. I don’t know what I’m afraid of exactly, but I just need to let go and be myself. This is not to say that I haven’t “been myself” over the last 12 months, I just think I need to write on a deeper level.

First off, that means I need to write more often. So far I have had spurts where I do ok for a week or two and then don’t write for two months… this needs to change. Secondly, I need to realize that writing a blog doesn’t mean I have to have a remarkable subject for each entry. I really just need to write about whatever I’m thinking and feeling. Beware! Strange stories about trips to the grocery store and running around my neighborhood may appear soon!

I want this blog to be somewhat of a digital diary. I want to be able to look back and read these entries in five years and see how far I’ve come. I want to use this blog to share all my hopes, dreams, fears, challenges, mishaps, successes, and adventures that life throws at me! So far it seems I have only shared events and successes… that’s not the whole story.

So why have I been holding back? Well, it’s probably because I’m actually a big chicken. I find it hard to open up sometimes, because I’m scared of what other people will think. Silly, huh?? I know I need to learn to get over that fear and believe me, I’m getting there! Writing this blog entry and “turning over the leaf” so to speak is part of my new commitment to just be myself… my confident & fabulous self!


As most of you know, one of my dreams is to become a professional photographer. Ready for the big dream?? Here it goes:

I told you I dream big… so now the question lies how do I get there from here? Well, that’s what this blog is going to be about. Tracking progress and experiences.
I want to be an internationally renowned wedding and portrait photographer. I want to capture love stories for couples stretching from Oklahoma to Singapore and beyond! I want to capture personalities and moments that turn into treasured memories. I want to be able to hold my own with the best in the industry and give back through hosting workshops all over the world! When people book me as their photographer I not only want to deliver incredible photos, but also an experience they’ll never forget. I want each client to become family by the end of the shoot, and I want those relationships to last. I want to do all of this while staying true to myself and always giving thanks to the Lord for my many blessings.


Honestly, right now I don’t have enough photo shoots to post to make this a full time photographer blog, so you all are just going to be getting lots of stories from my personal life and getting to know me :)  I am in the “portfolio building” stage, and so I will be spending a lot of time sharing my thoughts and experiences on building my baby business.


I am so excited to start this adventure, and now that I’ve spilled my heart out to you all I have a ton more to write about! I do have some exciting news for Caitlyn.Marie.Photography to share with you all… but that’s for another post. Stay tuned, and please share this blog with anyone you think might be interested in also joining along for the journey. I would love to hear all your comments along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment