Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chasing a Dream

I’m writing again… 2 days in a row! What an accomplishment :) For those of you who read yesterday’s entry, I told you all I have some exciting news about a new opportunity. That’s what I want to announce today!

I have recently been asked to photograph my very first wedding!! The dream of Caitlyn.Marie.Photography becoming a wedding photography business is taking shape! A huge hug and many thanks go out to my trusting friend Krista and her fiancé Jason. So how exactly did this happen? Let me tell you the story…

One day during my daily ritual of checking facebook, I realized I had a new message. I love messages, by the way, because they mean someone wanted to tell me something either too important or perhaps just too long to fit in one wall post. So, with a feeling of excitement I opened my mail box and found a message from Krista. We had not talked in awhile (other than a few random wall posts congratulating her on her engagement…), so I was thrilled to have a message from her. Imagine my shock when I opened the message and read:

 “I have shown Jason some of the pictures you have on here [Facebook]. We both agreed that your photos are really good, and really cool! I guess we were just wondering what the possibility would be of you wanting to travel to Lincoln to photograph our wedding?”

My jaw dropped, literally, and my heart was racing a million miles a minute. I sat there just staring at the screen for quite awhile with all sorts of thoughts and emotions flowing through me: 

* Oh my gosh!!! Is this really happening?
* This is a dream come true!
* Me? Really me? Are you sure you didn’t mix me up with someone else?
* Of course, absolutely, can you get married tomorrow? I can’t wait!
* Umm… am I really capable of doing this?
* I need to buy some more equipment! 

Once I finally pulled myself together, and was able to think it through, I replied to Krista a few days later. With several emails back and forth we have decided that I am indeed going to photograph their wedding! I am still nervous, but I am so very thankful for the opportunity. 

Krista and Jason, just let me say that it is friends like you who will have the largest impact on my success in this business. I appreciate you trusting such an important job to me so early on in my career. I will forever be thankful to both of you for believing in me. I can not wait for your wedding. It will be a beautiful day, filled with laughter and joy, but most importantly it will be the day that you are joined together by God. I can’t wait to be there and help you make those special moments turn into the memories of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment