Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back on the Wagon…

Well, I did it again. I completely fell off the blogging wagon. I was doing so well too! For several weeks I consistently blogged every other day. That is a major accomplishment for me…then I basically disappeared. Sorry everyone :)

The good news is that I have been super busy and done lots of fun stuff since I blogged last! Over the next few days look for some updates on all I’ve been up to… Let’s start with 4th of July weekend!

Over the 4th of July Dwyatt and I had the opportunity to spend the weekend in Birmingham Alabama with some of my family. I seem to have a lot of family, spread all over the map, but each and every time I get to see them it is time that is cherished. This time we spent the weekend on Lake Logan Martin with my Aunts and Uncles. Some people may think this sounds odd to thoroughly enjoy a weekend with Aunts and Uncles, but believe me the fun and excitement never ends with this family! One night we took a boat ride across the lake just to drink Long Island’s and sing karaoke. (Note to family: we CAN’T sing!!!) Then there was a midnight swim in the lake, homemade meals, a fireworks show, cliff jumping, and games of ladder golf (ahem… sagnuts) in the dark.

Another memory I cherish about this weekend was sitting in the living room surrounded by people I love and listening to my Uncle’s song. He recently completed composing his first song, one full of heart and soul that has taken a lifetime to complete. In fact it is so moving that the term “song” just doesn’t seem to do it justice. Perhaps masterpiece is the word I’m looking for :)  As we all experienced such a special moment together, and I saw every eye filling with joyful tears, I knew that there was nowhere else I would rather be. I am so blessed to have such love in my family, and I promise never to take it for granted.







No comments:

Post a Comment