Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Signs of Spring

Spring is finally here!  It's probably because last weekend was both my birthday & Easter (both which are sure signs of spring) that I feel so sure winter is behind us and a wonderful warm summer is just around the corner!  With flowers blooming, trees budding, birds singing, and me breaking out the summery dresses and sandals I couldn't be happier :) 

Spring is a wonderful time that reminds us of rebirth and the promise of summer.  Though I can't wait for hot days at the lake, I think I'm enjoying the anticipation of it just as much.  Last weekend, I went home to see my family for my birthday & Easter.  Unfortunately Dwyatt was working (but he's coming home today, yay!!), so rather than be alone I went to see the family.  All my time spent with them is such a blessing and I can't wait for the day that we live closer together again. 

Also while I was home I got to see my parents new baby kittens!  Their barn cat, Okie, had kittens again this spring.  Talk about an adorable reminder of springtime!  They are so precious...  I am actually thinking of taking one of them (or maybe two...) when they get old enough.  Then I won't be completely alone when Dwyatt is working!

Here are some pictures... 

First a daffodil from my flower beds. The Oklahoma wind is to blame for the slight blur...

Kittens!



1 comment:

  1. OMG I want one!!!!!!!!!! (Dakota would either eat it or give it a heart attack... but look how cute they are!!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete