Sunday, April 11, 2010

Brie & Doug - *Oklahoma Wedding Photographer*

This post has been a long time coming.  Not only did this wedding take place a month ago, but also, it marks the very first post written about wedding photography on this blog!  I absolutely love weddings, and it has been a goal of mine for quite awhile now to break into this industry, get experience, and hopefully become a successful wedding photographer!  To help me accomplish those goals, the generous Audrey Hannah of AudreyHannahPhoto allowed me to come along and shoot this wedding along side her.  Watching her in action was an amazing experience and I walked away not only with fabulous images, but with tons of tricks & tips she shared throughout the day.  I am so thankful for her kindness and honored to call her a friend as well as a mentor. 

I am so excited to share Brie & Doug's special day with you as seen through my lens... this will be quite the lengthy post, as I had such a hard time choosing which photos to share!  Anyway, on to Brie & Doug.  The wedding took place in Colorado Springs on March 6th.  Brie, a photographer herself (check out her work), was full of laughter and joy all day long!  She is such a fun person, and so photogenic it's unbelievable! 

Though I didn't meet Brie or Doug until their wedding day, I could instantly tell they share a deep love and respect for each other.  Doug is so kind, and doted on Brie all day.  Tears of joy were shed as they exchanged vows in Shove Chapel and later laughter abounded at the Fine Arts Center as they celebrated this joyous day with all their family and friends. 

On to the photos! 

We started the day with Brie and her bridesmaids as they got ready for the big day.  The colors for the day were pink & black, and Brie had tons of fun details in store for us! 


Brie's dress was gorgeous!  Simple and elegant... and it even had pockets!






We found this little salon for some bridal shots...the walls matched Brie's eyes perfectly!  Amazing.
Possibly my favorite of the day...
Doug & his Dad right before the ceremony...
Can you say adorable? 

Shove Chapel... I have a new found love for cathedrals, gorgeous!

It's official!

Not many men would wear pink shoes... but Doug pulled it off with style!  He even carried Brie to their car so her dress wouldn't get dirty...so cute.

Ok, these might be my favorite too...

The reception was filled with fun details!  Brie & Doug even asked their guests to wear black and pink to the wedding.  This was an amazing idea, because the entire evening looked so coordinated!  Even their gifts were wrapped to match the rest of the decor!




Everybody danced the night away and had a great time! 

Brie & Doug - Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this special day. I wish you a lifetime of love and laughter.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Cait! These are amazing. What a gorgeous wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! CAIT you are so awesome! I love Shove and I can't wait to get married there! You did an excellent job, I can't believe it was your first wedding!

    ReplyDelete