Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Opportunity

I haven’t blogged in 2 weeks… wow… I need to be better at this.  Well, I know that last time I blogged I told you all to look for some exciting news that I would be announcing. Since then I have spent a long weekend in Colorado with my family, and another long weekend in Baltimore with even more family. Needless to say it has been a busy couple of weeks, and I can’t wait to catch you all up on those events in separate blog posts!

Anyway, I’m sorry it took me so long to get around to it, but here is the news: I am shooting my first wedding in less than two weeks alongside the one-and-only Audrey Hannah. For those of you who don’t know her, Audrey Hannah is an absolutely amazing wedding photographer located in Colorado. I personally think she is one of the best, though I may be slightly biased since she was my wedding photographer in August of 2008. (more on that here) Since my wedding we have kept in touch on and off, and I recently asked her if I could come shadow her at one of her weddings. She graciously granted my request, as well as answered a flurry of photography questions I had for her.

Hannah is a beautiful person, both inside and out, and I am so thankful to her for this opportunity. It’s purely out of the kindness of her heart that she has decided to take me under her wing and show me the ropes! We will be photographing what is sure to be an incredible wedding at Shove Chapel in Colorado Springs on March 6th. I’ll admit I am slightly nervous, so I have been diligently familiarizing myself with my new camera, and getting ready for the big day!

This opportunity is such a blessing. I feel that throughout this entire “photography journey” I am on, the Lord has opened doors and brought people into my life at just the right time. It gives me hope and inspires me to do my best and keep pushing forward with my dream. Though she may not know it, Hannah is the answer to a prayer. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful opportunity!

Look for my first wedding photos to be posted in a couple weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment