Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Golden Sunset

This week I am lucky enough to be on a work trip to Colorado!  Basically I am getting a free mini vacation for the weekend, I just have meetings all day tomorrow :)  I happen to be only a few miles from Golden, which is where I attended college... 

I was happy to arrive this morning and have plenty of time to spend relaxing and enjoying the beautiful Colorado weather.  I spent part of the afternoon walking around Golden and exploring the changes to the Mines campus.  It was so fun to reminisce about all the days I have spent there in the past.  I think today was by far my least stressful day on campus ever!!!  I watched all the students as they scurried by on their way to class.  I wandered around, camera in hand, with a big grin on my face.  Today my only responsibility on campus was to enjoy myself and take some pictures.  It was wonderful :)

Then I headed up Lookout Mountain just as the sun was setting to capture a view of the city.  I couldn't quite get the whole scene into view, even with my wide-angle lens, so I decided to take a series of shots and then create one big panoramic with them.  Here is the result:



I hope that you all have a great week, and I will try to blog about the rest of my Colorado adventures soon.  Oh and one other thing to look forward to: more news about an exciting opportunity for Caitlyn.Marie.Photography!!!  I can't wait to share...but that's for another post :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Golden! I miss it so much sometimes. Cool wide angle photo!

    ReplyDelete