Thursday, April 28, 2011

This Is Life.

My life is busy.  Crazy busy at times... recently as I have been coping with projects at work, assignments with school, trying to run this photography venture, training for a 1/2 marathon, and still trying to find time to spend with my husband and friends... I find myself thinking, "I really need to capture these moments.  These moments make up my life." 

So, although there are probably some out there that would say that this blog should stick directly to business, I just plain don't want to.  I want to capture more there than my photography ventures, I want to capture life.  I want to look back over these entries and remember this stage, this busy stage, where I was young and free.  I want to capture photos in this "digital diary" that I can one day share with my children and remind them that I too was once young. 

I have had lots of blog posts floating around in my mind lately, and every time I think I should write something down, I don't.  Either for lack of time, or uncertainty that I should put my whole self out here on this blog.  But you know what?  I'm just going to go for it.  Yes Internet, I'm just going to be me. 

For anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, I'm not a full time photographer.  Don't get me wrong, I love my photography, and I give my heart and soul to all of my clients.  But for me, photography is fun.  It's what I do when I'm not working.  Personally I think this makes me a better photographer.  I'm not going to be pressed for time and say "you only get a 1 hour session".  When we go take pictures, I want to take my time, I want to enjoy the moment, because I'm having FUN!!!  I love editing photos, and creating something that lasts.  Finally, my favorite thing is seeing people love their pictures.  That's why I'm a photographer, to help people capture moments that they love. 

So my other life?  I'm an engineer... by degree anyway... and I work for Devon Energy.  I'm actually just about to dive into a brand new opportunity that I just "officially" accepted today.  I'm going to be an NGL Marketing Representative starting in mid May!  I couldn't be more excited!  There are only a handful of people in this group, and we are responsible for marketing and selling all of the NGL (natural gas liquids) production for the entire company!  Such an amazing opportunity.  A challenge to be sure, but surely an opportunity to shine! 

I'm also wrapping up my first year of my MBA program.  One third done, yay!!  Only two more years... I can do this!  This summer however, I'm taking a break.  I am going to read some great novels on my kindle, while floating on my boat in a lake somewhere.  I'm going to cook wonderful dinners and drink wine with my husband, and I'm going to spend some time traveling around this beautiful country of ours.  Life is beautiful, I welcome everything it brings, and from now on I'm going to start sharing a lot more of it right here. 

A day at the office...
taken with Instagram on my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. What kind of camera are you using for these photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James! The photo in this post was taken with my iPhone, but I typically shoot with a Nikon D700. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, the D700? i've been looking at the Nikon D3100 for mostly recreational and some work use. i think the D700 is probably a little bit out of my range. thanks for the reply! :)

    ReplyDelete