Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Day!

I couldn't help but write a short note to say how excited I am about the Royal Wedding today!  Dwyatt thinks I've gone nuts, and can't understand why women seem to care so much about this wedding, but I just keep trying to explain the fabulousness of it all!  (I know I made up a word there, but hey... this is my blog!) 

I really think it all stems from the fact that as little girls we put of pretty dresses and tiaras and dream of becoming princesses.  We dream of the perfect fairytale with our prince, our tiara, and our happily ever after.  All the while boys are outside play war... so naturally they don't understand... I think the mesmerizing thing about today is that it's like watching a modern day fairytale come true.  Kate, who was a commoner, actually lived the dream of marrying her Prince and becoming a Princess.  Beautiful.  I also love the fact that they seem like a modern couple that truly love each other.  Kate is so poised and elegant, and her dress was simply gorgeous. 

I remember being completely in love with Prince William when I was young.  In fact in 6th grade I had a scrapbook of pictures of him... yes, I admit it... I really did.  Though it's embarrassing, I highly doubt that I was the only one.  Today, I couldn't be happier with how my life has turned out, and I'm glad it wasn't me marrying into the crazy life of paparazzi and constant attention.  However, I wish this royal couple the very best, and I hope they truly are together forever. 

I have without a doubt been swept up in the joy of the day.  I hope that one day I will share with my daughter the story of how excited the world was for this Royal Wedding, and how it seemed that the world took a time out to witness a celebration of love.  Even more, perhaps one day, I'll get to watch the next Royal Wedding with my overly excited daughter  :) 

Photo courtesy of Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment