Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our new family member...

Last Friday Dwyatt took me out to dinner for my birthday.  It was a beautiful day at Lake Hefner, so we decided to go sit on the patio, watch the sunset, and drink some wine.  To my complete astonishment, when we walked in the front door of the crowded restaurant a whole group of people yelled, "SURPRISE!!!"  After the initial shock I realized that all my friends were there waiting for me with a whole bunch of balloons, cards, and even a 25th birthday crown.  We had so much fun, I have never had a surprise party like that before, and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

Later that night when we got home, I heard some strange meowing coming from somewhere.  Frantic that I had locked Remington in a closet all day, I started looking around for him.  Remington was nowhere to be found, so I asked Dwyatt if he heard the meowing too or if I had perhaps drank one too many glasses of Cabernet... 

Dwyatt went to one of the guest bedrooms, opened the door, and handed me a kitten!  He was hoping to surprise me, but the little one was getting impatient and ended up ruining his perfect plan.  Oh my goodness, I have never seen such an adorable little creature!  (Well actually every kitten is pretty darn adorable, but you get my point...) 

We let him run around the living room while we tried coming up with endless names that might suit him.  After laughing out loud at a few of our ideas, and trying to find something that "fit", we ended up naming him Weston.  He is the newest member of our family, and already deeply loved...


Meet Weston...
 He loves my Toms...
 ... but maybe not as much as he loves birthday balloons...
 Most of all, he loves to snuggle.  He is the first cat I've ever owned that likes to be wrapped in blankets when he sleeps! 


2 comments:

  1. I will try not to hate this (adorable) cat strictly on the basis that he shares a name with a (not so adorable) exboyfriend of mine. You're welcome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! And what a sweet husband you have :)

    ReplyDelete