Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Roses are Overrated

I know I'm behind by about a week, but I have to share my thought on Valentines day roses.  You see, Dwyatt is so good about buying me flowers.  I usually get a surprise bouquet every month or so (I know... I have the best husband ever!).  When we were dating Dwyatt would always surprise me with roses.  White ones, yellow ones, pink ones, red ones, I loved them all.  However, without fail, they would start to wilt in just a couple days!  So, I desperately tried to dry them and preserve their beauty.  Never worked out so well... 

Eventually I explained my disappointment with how quickly roses would pass, and Dwyatt started buying me seasonal flowers.  Now they last forever!  I was looking at my Valentines day flowers this morning, which I've now had for over a week, and they still look just as good as when he gave them to me :) 

A sweet reminder that the best kind of love is a love that lasts, flowers should be the same way...

No comments:

Post a Comment