Friday, February 25, 2011

My Kind of Winter!

The weather in Oklahoma is growing on me more and more every year.  Although I miss the mountains of Colorado, I have to say I love having seasons in Oklahoma!  We really and truly have every season here.  And the last few weeks have been the perfect example of why Oklahoma has my kind of winter...

It does get cold here, and we do have snow.  A few weeks ago it actually go very cold, -10* one day.  It snowed 12" during one storm and looked like a regular Colorado blizzard outside!  The best part?  It's unusual here, so the whole city shuts down and your basically forced to stay home with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy it!  Dwyatt and I had such a blast cuddling by the fire and watching the snow fall.  It gives you that cozy feeling that winter brings.  We had two weeks with back to back snow storms so my taste of winter was fully satisfied! 

The best part about Oklahoma snow storms?  They don't last long... within a week of the snow falling we had days where the temperature hit 78*, and spring time is on the way!  I was out looking at my flower beds a couple days ago and the tulips and mums are already starting to grow!  The trees in my back yard have buds on them!  Winter doesn't linger here... we get snow, we enjoy it, then spring shows up!  What an amazing place :) 

Here are a few pictures I've captured of our extreme weather changes... all of these we taken within the last 2 weeks... 


Remington experiencing his first snow :)


Spring is almost here!  Oh how I love tulips!


No comments:

Post a Comment