Thursday, November 25, 2010

Full of Thanks and Turkey...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Today I am overflowing with thankfulness.  I have so many things to be thankful for that it truly astounds me.  How come I am so blessed?  How come I am so fortunate when there are so many who are struggling?  As I reflected on the meaning of this day I started making a list of things I am thankful for.  I decided I wanted to share them with you, partly just because, and partly to help me remember that no matter what storms may come my way that I am so blessed.  Blessed beyond what I deserve. 

As you know I am more of an organized list person than a lengthy paragraph person, so here is my list :)

  • I am thankful for the grace God has given me in his Son, Jesus Christ.  This is by far the thing I am most thankful for.  God's forgiveness and love for me goes well beyond my comprehension and I am overwhelmed by his mercy.  I know that the sacrifice that Jesus made for me literally means the difference between heaven and hell.  For an eternity with my Saviour, I am so thankful. 
  • I am thankful for my family.  I am so thankful that when I go home I can hug my grandparents, and still hear my parents speak the words "I love you" to one another.  I am thankful that my little brother is one of my best friends; and I am thankful for all my aunts, uncles, and cousins who would be there for me at a moments notice. 
  • I am thankful for my amazing husband.  I often wake up in the morning and while Dwyatt is still asleep I think "how did I get so lucky that this wonderful man wanted to marry me?"  Dwyatt is my best friend and my partner in everything that we do.  We have been together for 5 years now (married for 2!) and he still brings me flowers, writes me love notes, and gives me foot rubs.  He holds me when I cry, and makes me laugh daily.  He has completed my life and with him I know exactly where I belong in this crazy world. 
  • I am thankful for all of my friends.  Though we are now scattered all over the country I know what it means to have best friends.  The kind of friends where you can go a year without seeing each other and then within 5 minutes of talking, its like you were never apart.  These women are amazing and I know that I wouldn't be the same without them.  I love you girlies :)
  • I am thankful for America.  I believe in America and the principles it was founded on.  I am so thankful for my freedom and that I was blessed enough to be born in this great nation. 
  • I am thankful that my family is able to have such an extravagant meal on Thanksgiving when I know there are others who are suffering from hunger. 
  • I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.  It seems to me that being healthy is often something taken for granted until suddenly it's taken away...then it means everything.  I know other families that are struggling with sick family members and again it makes me think, "why am I so blessed?"  I hope I can remember to be thankful for my health every day, and be a support to those who are struggling.
  • I am thankful for my two little furry kittens who bring so much joy to my life :)  Even if that joy comes along with scratched leather furniture and pillows covered in hair...ugh! 
  • I am thankful for my career and the opportunities I have had to grow and mange projects in my 2 short years of experience. 
  • Lastly, I am thankful for cranberry sauce.  Even straight from the can this is one of my favorite Thanksgiving treats :)  And I'm thankful that my Grandmother knows this because she always buys me extra!! 
I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you are able to reflect of what you are most thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment