Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Ever CMP Contest!

Yay, the first ever CMP contest is here!  I have been wanting to have a contest on the blog for the past couple months, but I have been struggling to figure out exactly what I wanted to do, or what prizes I should offer!  So, after much debate, and just in time for the holidays, the contest is here! 

To be honest, I have been so busy the last couple months that I feel I haven't really spent enough time focusing on my photography.  For those of you who don't know, I am currently working "my other job" as an engineer for Devon Energy, in addition to running this business.  To top it all off I decided to also go back to school for my MBA this fall, so time has been a rare commodity.  I finally feel like I am starting to find my balance, and while life it still really busy, I am ready to start pouring myself into Caitlyn.Marie.Photography again.  Besides I just got an awesome new iPhone, so now I can Facebook, blog, and check emails all the time!  Oh internet, I think I'm addicted to you!  :) 

Up to this point I have been very happy with the growth my little business has seen.  I have photographed several weddings now, and I have grown so much in just the last year.  That being said, I still have so much more to offer and big dreams ahead of me!  I am hoping to spread the word about Caitlyn.Marie.Photography and introduce myself to as many new people as possible.  My hope is that through the use of this blog, Facebook, and Twitter everyone can get to know the real me.  Thus the reason for this contest...

The contest will start today and end on Tuesday, November 23rd at midnight.  The winner will be announced on Wednesday the 24th. 

First and foremost:  the PRIZES!  A drawing will be held, and the winner will receive their choice of either:

          -  $30 Amazon gift card  (you can find anything here... even purchase other gift cards!)
          -  $75 off a portrait session with Caitlyn.Marie.Photography

Ok here is how you enter:  It's actually really simple... there are 4 ways you can gain entries:  
  1. Go to my Facebook page and "like" CMP - 1 entry
  2. Click on the "suggest to friends" button in the upper left hand corner of the page and suggest CMP to your friends - 1 entry for every 2 people
  3. Update your Facebook status, or write a post on your blog, telling friends about CMP and this contest.  Please include a link to my blog - 1 entry
  4. For those of you who know me, comment on this post a memory or fact about me that you think describes who I truly am.  I am not fishing for compliments here, I simply want to help others get to know me!   - 1 entry
Note that this is a "honest policy" contest.  I have no way to track how many people you ultimately suggest my Facebook page to, and I may not have time to look at everyone's blogs or Facebook status updates.  I ask that you please shoot me a quick email, telling me the total number of entries you have achieved through these four options, please be honest, and I will get you in the drawing!  

Finally, thank you all for taking the time to participate in this contest!  I know it will take a few precious minutes out of your busy day but I really appreciate your help spreading the word about CMP and I wish you the best of luck in the drawing! 

2 comments:

  1. Well as family I don't qualify for the prize; however, she definitely deserves mad props for being a driven individual. Caitlyn is an inspiring young woman who is not only smart but also down to earth and motivated--how many of those people do you know?

    Personally, I am most excited about smart people doing things that don't fit academic and societal norms. I see this in Caitlyn's photography and look forward to seeing her small business blossom into something unexpectedly wonderful.

    Keep at it cuz, you rock!

    -Y

    ReplyDelete