Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kauai - Part 2

Time for more photos!  I know that these aren't exactly showcasing my business, but I really enjoy also using this blog to keep in touch with my family and friends, as well as create a "digital diary" for myself.  I spent some time looking back over my older posts and it was so cool to see what I was thinking and where I was at just two years go.  So sometimes posts, such as this one, are just as much for me as they are to share with all of you.  I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoy looking back on the times shared with my wonderful family...


About a month before we went to Kauai, my Mom turned 50.  For her birthday I wanted to give her something she would always remember.  So instead of just more "stuff" I decided to take her on a adventure that would make memories to last a lifetime!  I surprised her with a powered hang-glider trip :)  It was an amazing way to see the island.  Here I am getting ready to take off!
Mom flying high through the sky!
We flew up to about 5,000 feet.  So amazing to still be 'outside' and flying that high.  Definitely a surreal experience!
Looking out over the sugar cane fields and toward Mt. Waialeale (this mountain gets more rain than anywhere else on Earth!)
Over Waimea Canyon - the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific"
And finally up the Napali Coast!
These beaches are where they are filming portions of the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean!
So much fun!  We didn't even get scared once... the boys were so proud :)
Another favorite part of my trip... a visit to the coffee plantation!
I am a coffee addict... I bought about 5 lbs to bring home with me :) 
My gorgeous Mommy :)
These were my favorite flowers.  There was such variety on the island, but these ones were just perfect... and felt like velvet.
This one was pretty cool too... I have never seen such a fuzzy flower!
I have to say this is probably my favorite photo of the entire vacation.  To me it captures the simplistic beauty of Kauai.  This is Evan strolling toward the shore to check out the monster waves...
They look kind of big...
The waves won... after being rolled around in the sand and water he gave up... no snorkeling here :)
Ev took this photo of me... I did lots of walking on the beach.  Just soaking up the feel of the sand, the sound of the waves, and the smell of the salt.  I'm such a beach bum...
This little guy joined us for a picnic on the beach... I fed him an apple core :)
The Napali Coast!
Our last full day on the beach.  Trying to soak it all in!  Dwyatt had to swim all bandaged up... such a funny sight!

Last sunset.  Enjoyed with a margarita and the love of my life.  Nothing beats times like that.
On our last day we explored Hanalei town some more.  This adorable church is on the edge of town, and attracts many visitors.  It's easy to see why, there couldn't be a more beautiful setting to praise the Lord!
Family photo... oh good memories...


This trip was filled with such joy and so many great memories.  I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to enjoy such a beautiful place.

3 comments:

  1. Cait! You are so talented! What amazing photos. I'm pretty jealous; it looks like you had such a blast.

    Poor Dwyatt, I hope he's doing better now!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are gorgeous! It looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the fuzzy flowers outside my house!!!! The first time I saw them I stopped and played with them for 10 minutes!

    D-White's bandages crack me up!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete