Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Carmen & Kane - *Oklahoma Engagement Photographer*

Dwyatt and I met Carmen and Kane a couple years ago when I moved to Oklahoma.  As fellow engineers they had also moved down to Oklahoma (from Montana!) to pursue careers with the petroleum industry.  We easily became friends, and have spent a lot of time together over the past few years.  Memories of wine nights, baking Christmas cookies, and lazing around in the pool are all fond memories we have made. 

As good friends, Carmen and Kane have been supportive of my photography business from day one.  They have always been there with kind words and encouragement.  It's friends like these that help dreams come to life.  Last fall when I was still getting my bearings, they asked me if I would take some Christmas card photos for them.  I was so excited to just have a chance to practise that I'm pretty sure we spent like 4 hours shooting and I gave them a CD with over 150 pictures on it!  Yes, I was perhaps over zealous... 

Fast forward to this year... Carmen & Kane are now engaged!!  We have been so excited for them, and with their upcoming December wedding it was about time to do some Engagement photos!  So, a few weeks ago we headed up to Guthrie on a hot Sunday afternoon.  In fact it was SO hot that the streets were practically deserted and we strolled around the quaint little town, free to shoot just about anywhere.  It was so much fun, and just like friendship should, the evening ended with another shared evening of wine and laughter...

Congratulations Carmen & Kane, I am so happy for you :) 

I love the primary colors!
Must use the wedding chapel mural :)



We found this car parked on the street!  Must have been meant to be, even the sign in in the background is yellow!

Carmen, you are gorgeous!


2 comments:

  1. Cait!!!! These are absolutely gorgeous!!! You are doing such an amazing job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE the colored benches in the first few pictures!! Turned out awesome Cait!!!

    ReplyDelete