Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hooked.

I have a confession... I have recently started reading the Twilight saga and it has me hooked.  Hook, line, and sinker... wow.  For the last several years I have listened to all my friends tell me "You HAVE to read them, they are SOOOOO good!"  Well, to me they always seemed a bit silly...who really wants to read about a high school girl and vampires, I mean come on... we aren't talking about deep thought provoking literature here... 

So what made me change my mind?  My Mom recommend them to me!  I trust my Mom's recommendations on books more than she realizes... so when she actually recommend I read Twilight I figured I would try it.  She did warn me that they were "a fun fantasy that wasn't very intellectually challenging."  Considering I'm headed to the beach next week...that sounds PERFECT! 

I started reading Twilight, the first of 4 books, last Thursday...and umm... I finished it last night.  I don't know what it is, but I'm hooked.  So from now on, I am going to be the friend that tells everyone "You HAVE to read them, they are SOOOOO good!"  :) 

Happy Tuesday everyone!


Photo courtesy of Google Images

1 comment:

  1. It's about time! :)

    She has a book out for adults too- The Host. I think I like it better than the Twilight series!

    ReplyDelete