Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My 1st Photo Shoot - Rachel & Jody

I am so excited to write about my very first photo shoot! I have taken plenty of pictures in the past, but this was my first time to take people out and about solely for the purpose of taking pictures! I couldn't have asked for better Guinea Pig subjects :)

A couple weeks ago my friend Rachel asked if I would do some photos of her and her Mom. Her Mom was in town visiting from Australia, so you can imagine, they don't get to see each other as often as they would like. It was so special to watch them interact and be asked to capture those moments. It was easy to see the genuine love and respect they have for each other.

I took them to downtown Oklahoma City and we walked all over the place. We explored different locations and snapped pictures anytime we found a unique wall, bench, or bridge... basically anything that inspired us! It was incredibly hot outside so we had to keep ducking into the shade. Rachel & Jody were so fun and willing to try whatever I suggested. They even sat on some railroad tracks in their skirts! I was so impressed...

I am humbly aware of the many amazing photographers out there, and I am by no means claiming to be a professional. I am just starting out, I have a lot to learn and experience. However, I must say, a new passion has ignited! Now, more than ever, it is my dream that one day I could make a career out of photography and be one of those very lucky people who truly loves their work. The only way I can build toward that dream is to keep working with generous people like Rachel & Jody. Thank you both so much for your time, I enjoyed every minute of it!!

Below are some of my favorites from the shoot. Please feel free to leave comments... I love hearing your thoughts and opinions!

Thank you all :)

Mother/Daughter Shoot 7

Mother/Daughter Shoot 6

Mother/Daughter Shoot 5

Mother/Daughter Shoot 4


Mother/Daughter Shoot 3
Mother/Daughter Shoot 2

Mother/Daughter Shoot 1

No comments:

Post a Comment