Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Flowers, Food, & Fun!!

It's been awhile since I have blogged, so I thought I'd better catch up! I know it's been over a week now, but I wanted to write about the wonderful Valentines day Dwyatt & I had together!! This year we decided to not fight the crowds at all of the crazy resturants and to stay home and cook in.

Dwyatt bought me the most beautiful flowers to celebrate the day with, not just 1 but 5 different ones!! Roses, some colorful daises, and then 3 potted tulip plants!! The cut flowers have sadly already come and gone, but I am hoping I can plant the tulip bulbs outside this spring and that they will last for a long time. It was so much fun to have flowers in every room of the house, and they smelled Heavenly! I spent an entire hour photographing them, Dwyatt probably thought I was crazy, but it was so much fun. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with 80 pictures of roses and tulips...they'll probably just get filed away somewhere, but that's ok!!

In the evening we went to the grocery store to buy food for our dinner. There were all these people all dressed up, and men in suits buying roses, and it was so fun to go to the store in our sweatpants, slippers, & glasses. I guess that's when you know you're in love and no longer have to impress anyone. For dinner we made pork tenderloin with spiced pear chutney, a tomato caprese salad, and home baked french bread. We also drank the nice bottle of Cabernet Souvignon that my parents gave us for Christmas. Thanks Mom & Dad, it was awesome!! Overall, it was the perfect Valentines day, and our first of many. It makes me so excited for all our years to come...





Tomato Caprese!!




No comments:

Post a Comment