Friday, March 6, 2009

1st Attempt at Self Portraits!!

So my husband is completely tired of being my only photo subject. Seeing that we don't have children, and don't even have a pet, this presents a problem... so I had no choice but to turn the camera on myself!! These are my first attempts at semi-self portraits. I say semi because I don't have a tripod or a wireless remote which would make true self portraits possible... The next best thing I could think of was to set up the shot myself and then have Dwyatt click the shutter!!

After adjusting all the settings, taking some test shots to get the light right, Dwyatt received very explicit directions about where to stand, where to position me in the frame, etc. I think he thought I was being a control freak, but hey, at least he didn't have to be the subject this time!! I then played with my new Photoshop Lightroom 2 program for the first time. I have been learning more about it, but these are the first portraits I have gotten to edit. I'm already addicted, I absolutely love post-processing!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy these... perhaps my dream of opening my own photography company will come true someday!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment