Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Spirit of the Season

I am sitting at my desk, my space heater warming my feet, and out my neighbors window I can see all the tree tops losing their brown leaves and the cold overcast sky. It's actually getting cold in Oklahoma City!! It makes me sad actually because it's cold for no reason. At least in Colorado they get snow, so that makes the cold actually useful for something. I am already dreaming of a perfect White Christmas with my family.

I have been really enjoying this Christmas season so far. Over the past few months I have been working on improving my personal relationship with God. I have always been a Christian, I just felt a little out of touch with him recently. I have been reading my Bible, talking to Him more often, and just trying to open my heart. It's amazing how much you can feel His presence when you just take the time to look around and pay attention. He really is in control, even in this crazy and confusing world. I feel like I can feel Him all around me, and I glow from the inside out whenever I think about all the beauty he has placed in this world.

I have also been re-reading the Left Behind series of books that came out in the late 90's. I never finished the 12 book series so I had to start back at the beginning. I have read a book a week & am now on #8. They are amazing books, I would highly recommend them. They are fun, fast paced fiction, yet they help you put your heart & mind in the right place.

I have also thoroughly enjoyed decorating my home for the first time. Our tree is beautiful, and already full of memories thanks to my wonderful family. My Mom had a tradition for my brother and I where we got an ornament every year and when we moved away we could take them with us to start our own trees. Well let me just say that I have just discovered how precious that tradition really is. It's hard to be away from home, and it all seems so unfamiliar, but those ornaments made me so happy. They have a lifetime of memories already attached to them and that means more than all our newly purchased decorations combined.

Dwyatt is also still decorating the outside of the house. He loves doing that, so we are taking on quite an elaborate deal for our first year. It's going to look amazing when we're through & I promise I'll post some pictures when we are all done!!

Here is one pic of the OKC Botanical Gardens all decked out in lights...

No comments:

Post a Comment