Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Welcome 2011!

Hi everyone!  I know I basically fell off the face of the planet for the last month, but I hope that everyone had a fabulous Christmas and New Year's!  I had a great time with family over the holidays and I was very blessed to see both my family and Dwyatt's family all within about 10 days! 

I absolutely love the whole holiday season, and when it's over I find myself mixed with both sadness that the time has come and gone so quickly, but also eager anticipation for the hope and excitement of an upcoming year.  This year has so far been like most others, I am very hopeful, full of plans to be fulfilled, dreams to be molded into reality, and experiences yet to be lived. 

Also like usual, I am now working out more than I have in 6 months.  I have decided that it's too complicated to say, "I'll do this, then this, then this..." so I have decided that my workout goals are as follows: do something at least 5 days a week that gets my heart rate up for at least 30 minutes.  Luckily, with Devon Energy opening their brand new fitness center downtown that hasn't been a problem!  I can now easily work out at lunch and have done a combo of running, zumba, boot camp, core class, yoga, and weight lifting!  Very happy so far...except for the fact I have been in a constant state of pain with sore muscles for the last two weeks.  Ugh!  Time to just push through it.  So, for now I'm randomly working out and enjoying it... until February 8th arrives and I start training for my 1/2 marathon on May 1st.  That will be interesting...

Ok, well for now I'm headed home to enjoy my last free evening with my wonderful hubby.  Class starts tomorrow...oh joy!  Stay tuned because I have several more upcoming posts to share with photos from Christmas, wedding albums, and whatnot...

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear 2011 is going well!

    And remember, no pain, no gain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I missed your blog!!

    I love the idea of 30 minutes 5 days a week... I might have to do that too!

    ReplyDelete