I don't know about you but on Wednesdays I look around and find myself surround by so many things and I'm stuck right in the middle. Still remembering the week before and busy with the work week it often feels like the week has flow by with so much left to do! On the other hand the weekend is just ahead and I'm busy starting to plan activities, events, and check off my to-do lists before it gets here! Since I often have little time in the middle of the week, and I'm the nerdy engineering type, I think I will give you bullet points :) Oh how I love bullet points! If only my MBA professors would understand if I turned in papers comprised of only detailed bullet points...
So... the first rendition of *Sweet & Sour* is born. Why call this post *Sweet & Sour*?? I thought it sounded cool. Much better than "My World Wednesdays" which was the first title that came to mind. And also because I love Chinese food... and they have sweet & sour sauce. :)
- The Container Store: this place is amazing! I am in the process of redecorating my office and I have found so many amazing organization and decoration things here. For overly organized people like me, the Container Store is like a drug...an addictive one. Now I kind of want to organize every corner of my house... maybe the kitchen can be next :)
- My Nalgene water bottle - I found my nalgene the other day hidden away in the bottom of a desk drawer at work. I have been looking for it for months!! So excited to have it back because I actually drink the recommended amount of water when I carry in around all day. And it's red... with polka dots... make me smile :)
- K-Love radio - I have been listening to K-love all week and it is such an inspiration! For those of you who don't know K-Love is a nation wide Christian radio station whose slogan is "Positive, Encouraging K-Love". They are such a blessing. Whenever I'm stressed out at work or with life in general, I can just turn on the radio in my car and it helps me get centered again, remember what's important, and focus on the Lord in the mist of my crazy life. For this I am so thankful.
- My cell phone - ugh! This thing is seriously about to die. It's almost two years old (my contract is up for renewal next week!!) and it's a good thing because my phone is going down hill fast. It drops calls all the time, has recently decided to eliminate the T9Word text capability, and now the touch screen is getting faulty to the point where I have to push a button about 3 times before it actually does anything. Next week, I am getting and iPhone. No doubt about it.
- Oklahoma wind - a couple nights ago the wind here was blowing so hard that it blew all my flower pots over, and knocked my Texas stars off the house. My Texas stars are made of metal, and screwed into the brick. Yes... crazy wind. It also kept me awake all night... I blame the wind for making me buy Starbucks lattes the last 3 days in a row :)
- Houdini (aka: Rigby) - my little white kitten, Rigby, has discovered how to rip off his collar in record time. He and Remington wear break away collars outside in the neighborhood to help prevent a neighbor from just picking them up and keeping them, thinking they are strays. However this plan has quickly fallen through as Rigby has figured out how to tear off his collar less than a minute. Now what do I do?