Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

First of all, Happy New Year! I can’t believe it’s already 2010. Just saying twenty-ten sounds so futuristic and strange to me still… however I am excited about the upcoming year and look forward to all that life has to offer!

I have written my goals for the year. This is something I do each and every year. Then at the end of the year I review my goals and see how well I did. I actually did pretty well in 2009, I started with 14 goals and I accomplished 11 of them. This year I have a whopping 23 goals. I know I’m ridiculous…but those of you that know me realize this is exactly the type of thing the nerd inside of me loves :)  In the spirit of opening up and sharing of myself through this blog, here are my goals for the year:

 1. Complete a ½ marathon
2. Complete a sprint triathlon
3. Complete the P90X program
4. Lose 15 lbs – this goal seems to make the list every year… ugh…
5. Start my MBA – get A’s or B’s in all my classes
6. Rosetta Stone Spanish: Complete Levels 1 & 2
7. Build trellis and/or outdoor kitchen for backyard
8. Visit 2 or more places (cities/countries) I have never been before
9. Spend at least 2 days on the beach
10. Go Scuba Diving
11. Attend a photography workshop
12. Photograph at least 2 weddings
13. Set up photography website
14. Photograph at least 10 people I don’t currently know
15. Blog more regularly – at least 75 entries
16. Be the best wife I can be to Dwyatt and keep my marriage strong
17. Call friends regularly – just to talk…
18. Pay off a large chunk of my student loans & save more
19. Deepen my relationship with Jesus Christ
20. Finish Mom’s Christmas stocking
21. Attend a NVRHA event to support my parents
22. Create and implement a budget
23. Begin learning how to play the guitar

 This is a rather long list… but it keeps me motivated, busy, and assures I live life to the fullest!

 There are a few events I am already looking forward to this year with high anticipation. My cousin’s wedding in February, My in-laws house warming party in March, the Crawfish boil in May, Krista’s wedding in June, my Mom’s birthday in July, my Dad’s retirement sometime this fall, and much more I’m sure…

 I hope that each and every one of you is looking forward to this new year with joy and anticipation as well!

 And since I have yet to blog about Christmas, here is a sneak peak of what our house and tree looked like this year. I will hopefully do a full post regarding our trip to both Texas and Colorado soon.




1 comment:

  1. Nice goals Cait!! You know I'm going to hold you to the triathlon. I bet you'll love it. And your house all decorated looks amazing.

    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete