Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Coming Soon...

I haven’t been so excited about anything since I was planning my own wedding! I am constantly waking up in the middle of the night with new ideas popping into my head… then I can’t seem to get back to sleep, so I’m out of bed by 7am… on a Saturday… I’m pretty sure that Dwyatt thinks I’m crazy as I spend hours staring at my computer screen, typing, drawing, designing, editing, and perfecting… He lazily curls up next to me, kisses me on the cheek, adds the obligatory “That looks great babe…” whenever necessary, and spends the day watching football. He is supportive and happy for me, but he keeps me grounded, which is really all I need because I have a tendency to be way over excited about things and run full speed ahead a million miles an hour!

So what exactly is my new project that I am so excited about? Well for those of you that follow this blog… you can probably guess… I’m getting a new website! Seeing that it is now the year 2010, which is not only a new year but a new decade, I have decided it’s time to have an official photography website! Along with this new website will be an updated version of this blog, and an entire marketing campaign! I am slightly overwhelmed by this, but I have decided that this is the year to make the leap and just jump off the deep end. How else will I learn to swim?

Some of the things I know I’ll be doing in my first round of marketing is to have the website, blog, updated logo, a Facebook fan page, a Twitter account (yes, really… I’m jumping on the band wagon…), new business cards, flyers, and a couple other ideas I have up my sleeve! If you are reading this post; First of all, thank you so much, I’m honored. I really hope you will continue to read, and spread the word to everyone you know! Ok, maybe not everyone…but almost everyone?? :)

All of this is to say that if you find that my blog is going through phases and changing each and every time you visit, don’t worry… it will have a final reveal in all it’s updated glory in just a few weeks! I CAN NOT WAIT to share my new look with all of you! I promise it will be worth the wait :) In the mean time, if anyone has any advice or input on marketing ideas, I would love to hear them!

Adios!
Cait


Since blog posts need a picture, here is a photo I snapped the other day with my Blackberry. It’s my reflection in ball valve… a valve that goes into a gas pipeline so that we can control flow.  That's me in Carhartts and a hard hat.  Could I get farther from wedding photography?  Anyway, I thought it was a pretty cool picture…


1 comment:

  1. You rock Cait! This is so creative and I am in awe of your motivation. So glad to see you use such a wonderful talent. Maybe you can even make me look good in a photo -- Mom :)

    ReplyDelete