Friday, January 2, 2009

Photographer in training...

I have been thinking, for awhile now, about taking up photography as a hobby. I took several photography classes in high school and I really enjoyed it, but after graduation engineering seemed to take over. Now that I have graduated I am looking for an artistic outlet and I think photography will be fun!!

Well, I have been discussing this with my family, and the wonderful parents I have bought me a camera for Christmas!!! I am now the proud new owner of the Nikon D60 :) It is the coolest camera ever, so much capability and great pictures, but also so easy to use!! And it's small, I can still put it in my purse, my rather large purse, if I want to!!
My dad also enjoys photography so we have been learning and taking pictures together. Last week we went and spend a day outside taking pictures of whatever appealed to us. I wanted to post a few of my favorites that I am quite proud of!! I hope to grow and expand my photography skills, but the most important thing is that I enjoy it. I can already say that I'm loving it...though I think my husband is rapidly becoming tired of being a subject...

Me and my new camera!!!!


The Praying Hands

Daddy taking pictures...


Pikes Peak!!

Oak Brush Leaves

Clay Pots :)

Christmas Cactus flower...

No comments:

Post a Comment