Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Year & New Ambitions!!

I can't believe that January is almost half way over already!! Time is flying by. I have been thinking about this coming year a lot lately. This is going to be a year for me unlike any other. Never before have I worked a full time job all year, or owned a home, or had a husband... all new experiences each one exciting and slightly intimidating in their own way.

Every year I sit down and write out my goals, not resolutions, for the New Year. Goals I can stick to...resolutions are always forgotten by March. This year seems to be about improving my health and taking on new experiences I haven't had in the past.

I want to become a healthier person, which of course includes the ever-present goal of dropping 10 lbs, but more than that I want to set up a healthy lifestyle for the future. I am starting the year with one of the total body cleanse things, that sounded healthy :-), and I am also drinking Acai berry juice every day. Doesn't taste so great, but at 30,000mg of antioxidants, I don't really care how it tastes. I also am being better about my running, I go every weekday...ok, except for if the weather is <19. Then I stay inside and do yoga!! I am hoping to follow through and run both a 5k and a 10k by the end of the year.

My other goals include things I never had time to do in college!! I am loving my photography hobby, I want to improve with that & hopefully even hang some of my own artwork in my home. I also want to begin learning Spanish...I must be fluent before I have children, another goal... I want to travel to somewhere I have never been before, and I want to continue to decorate my home.

I know this probably sounds like the typical "New Year's Ambition", but that's ok. When do we ever give things a chance and try to fulfill our dreams without the ambition?? Wish me luck & I'll keep you posted!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!!!! I can't believe we wrote about the same thing on the same day! For two people that consider themselves to be so different we sure are the same! A 10k by the end of the year sounds like a good idea. We should find one somewhere fun, fly there, and do it together!

    ReplyDelete