Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life on the Lake

Summertime is my favorite time of year.  I love the freedom of it.  Freedom to wear light cotton sundresses, live life without make-up, let the wind blow through your hair, and soak up the sunshine.  It also means life on the lake, which is one of the best places to be :)

I love the water, however I didn't really grow up on lakes, so I have always been more comfortable just dipping my toes in the edge and sunning on the beach!  However thanks to my hubby who is practically a fish in water, I'm learning to be a lot more comfortable with my ability to actually swim and partake in water sports!  Now I really love the lake!

This year for Memorial Day we went to Lake Travis in Austin.  This is becoming a bit of an annual tradition for us... it's so nice to visit Dwyatt's family and it always feels like the first true summer weekend! This year was even more exciting because we were able to take our boat!  We bought a boat in January and have been SO anxious for summer to get here.

Finally... summer has arrived!



My niece and nephew driving Grandpa's boat!


Dwyatt surfing behind our boat.  I'm such a lucky girl ;)

Sunset at The Oasis
Doug & Donna

Until next time...









No comments:

Post a Comment