Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Moments of Peace

This Christmas season has been one of the busiest I can remember.  Perhaps its because my work schedule has been crazy, working nights and weekends to get Devon's gas plant started.  Perhaps it's because I am in the middle of finals and all my evenings are consumed with studying.  Or perhaps it's also finding time to edit photos, and design wedding albums.  With everything going on, I find myself thinking, "Ahh!  I still have to go shopping, I still have to send Christmas cards, I still have to wrap stuff, I still have to make cookies, I still have to clean, decorate, and attend Christmas parties!"  The list goes on and on...

I find myself in the middle of all this hustle and bustle, and I just stop and think, this is not what Christmas is about.  I feel like I can hear the Lord whispering in my ear, "Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).  So I stop, I let the world melt away, I listen to my favorite Christmas song, smell the fresh pine scent of my tree, I hug my husband, and cherish the moments of peace and pure joy when I can feel the presence of the Lord all around me.  And I remember that this, this perfect quiet moment, this is Christmas.

1 comment: